THINGS A MOTHER WITH TWO SONS SHOULD DO:
• Always remember the moment the doctor placed that baby on your chest
• Tell that infant, ” You never have to be the man of the house. I am your mom, I am supposed to take of you. Not the other way around.”
• Read “Where the Wild Things Are” and “In the Night Kitchen” so many times you both have them memorized and don’t need to look at the words.
• Teach them to slam dance
• Take them to baseball games and hockey games or watch your favorite teams on tv. Or listen to games on the radio together.
• Bake with them, cook with them or play games with them. Boys talk best when doing something
• Talk to them
• Listen when they talk
• Hold them when someone breaks their heart
• Hold them when they break someone’s heart
• Get them a pet
• When they tell you they are joining the Marine Corps explain to them your tears are tears of pride and fear.
• Go to their recruit training graduation because they really have accomplished something extraordinary
• When you think they are all grown up, remember inside them is that newborn the doctor placed on your chest not so long ago.
THINGS A MOTHER WITH TWO SONS SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO DO:
• Send them off to war